CALDA is focused on helping the public become aware of the Legal Document Assistant profession as distinct from the Paralegal profession.
CALDA’S MISSION STATEMENT:
- Encourage high standards of ethical and professional conduct;
- Promote, encourage, and sponsor educational activities;
- Establish good fellowship and mutually beneficial networks among its members;
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with the legal community and other legal assistance/paralegal organizations;
- Afford business opportunities to all members of the profession regardless of age, race, creed, religion, or sexual preference;
- Promote the use of Legal Document Assistant services to the public;
- Carry out such other purposes as the Governing Board of the Association shall determine from time to time;
- The purpose of the Association shall be exclusively of a non-profit, mutual benefit nature, all within the meaning of Section 501(c) 6 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.