THE CALDA CURRICULUM
The curriculum plan began as a means to formalize content for repetition and use by members during conferences and seminars. Going forward the plan is to streamline CALDA members into the profession by providing consistent on line content for document preparation in major facets of law.
CALDA CURRICULUM MANAGEMENT & DESIGN
FAMILY LAW – DEEDS – PROBATE – GUARDIANSHIP – CONSERVATORSHIP
LANDLORD TENANT – ESTATES – SMALL CLAIMS – CIVIL
CALDA INSTRUCTIONAL STAFF & ADVISERS OF LEGAL EDUCATION
Our instructors are experienced Legal Document Assistants, teachers and legal partners who share our vision in education. They deliver the curriculum to participants at seminars and conference. They act as advisers to curriculum in their specialized areas of practice.
CALDA LDA curriculum is moving through an accreditation process as a new innovative LDA Paralegal training & certified program. CALDA creates a highly prepared source of independent paralegals, who prefer to serve the public as a registered LDA.
CALDA provides Legal Document Assistants with education through ongoing support and training in all areas of service LDA offers to the public.
- A Legal Document Assistant is a county registered bonded Legal Service Provider.
- Although initially trained through paralegal programs an LDA is not a paralegal. A paralegal works under the direction of an attorney. An LDA works under the direction of the client.
- LDA Provide Access to justice for all individuals who elect to self-represent rather than pay an attorney.
- LDA profession is governed by business & profession code requiring LDA to assist and prepare documents based upon clients direction, provided facts and need.
- How to hire an LDA and who should you hire?
HIRE A CALDA MEMBER LDA
- Why CALDA? CALDA continually educates and prepares members to assist client with their legal matter while staying within the governing guidelines of LDA practice and service.
- CALDA LDA is experienced and trained in exemplary form and document preparation by benefit of our professionally researched and prepared curriculum.
- CALDA LDA is an expert on procedure and can inform and educate the client on the correct steps to address their issue. If the client needs additional information on laws governing their issue and to help them determine if their facts meet the criteria for the law, CALDA LDA provides the client with intuitive attorney approved questionnaires and brochures.
- CALDA LDA can serve and represent the public in federal courts for issues such as SS disability and workers compensation.
- CALDA LDA cannot litigate at hearings or advise clients for issues in State and Local courts.
- CALDA LDA provides judicial form driven self-help service for State and Local courts. Areas of law they serve the public are in any area in which California provides judicial forms.
1. A client can get a divorce judgment in California by stipulation rather than a formal marital settlement agreement simply by completing the forms relative to each issue the court expects the parties to resolve.
2. A client can file a civil suit without the knowledge and use of fancy legal headed pleadings simply by using a judicial form that provides code and law relative to facts provided by the petitioning party.
EVERY MEMBER HAS A ROLE
New members are new students who through participation access to our content will be able to gather the tools inherent to new business performance.
Current members can accentuate their current business by actively engaging in continuing educational resources and offering their own expertise to all members as teacher provider at seminars and conferences.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND ACCESS TO JUSTICE
Visit our website curriculum page for news stories, insight to legal issues and updates. Find an LDA who practices in form preparation in your location and in the area of law for which your issue is based. Contact us with requests for information and education.